Take this course and be a ‘Cat Advocate’ in your practice - have 'Cattitude'!
This course provides you with the knowledge to improve the health and welfare of cats by understanding how to provide the best environment for cats visiting your practice. You will be able to make the reception area more cat friendly as well as understand the origins of cats and appreciate the cat as a species and it's unique needs.
The course will cover the following modules:
Module 1: Origins of cats
The first module covers evolution and domestication to help you understand what makes a cat a cat.
Module 2: Feline Behaviour
This module covers behavioural development, natural behaviours, how cats interact and feline stress.
Module 3: Cats in the clinic
How the information you provide cat owners and the design of the reception/waiting room area impact the cats visit to the clinic
Module 4: Communication, ‘Cattitide’ and Cat Friendly Clinic
see things from a cat owners point of view, learn about the cat friendly clinic programme and finally put everything you have learnt on the course into practice!
This course contains content written by veterinary experts including Vicky Halls, Andy Sparkes, Sam Taylor and Sarah Ellis, and is delivered via the online learning platform ‘Brightspace’, with students working through the modules at their own pace. At the end of each module, there is a short assessment which you need to pass to move on to the next module. Students have 3 months from registration to complete the course, and on successful completion will receive a certificate and badge.
- 5 hours of learning
- On-Demand - Instant access to start the course as soon as you have completed your purchase
- Self-Paced - Allows the you to study at your own pace without set deadlines
- Online - Study at a time and place that suits you on a user-friendly learning platform
- Test your knowledge - At the end of each module, there is a short quiz which you need to pass to move on to the next module
- Access for 3 months - from the date of your purchase to complete the course
- Downloadable Certificate - you will receive an instant downloadable certificate
- Payment online via debit or credit card (no invoice option for this course)
- 16 RAMA (SQP) points and is accredited by Vetpol for 5 hours CPD.
Please check you have understood and you meet all advertised prerequisites for the course. Please also read the terms and conditions for our distance education courses.
> Online Courses – Prerequisites
> Online Courses – Terms and Conditions
If you have any questions about the course or the enrolment process, please contact email@example.com