Designed for veterinary receptionists, this course consists of 4 modules:
- Origins of cats – covering evolution and domestication to help you understand what makes a cat a cat
- Feline behaviour – understanding behavioural development, natural behaviours, how cats interact and feline stress
- Cats in the clinic – How the information you provide cat owners and the design of the reception/waiting room area impact the cats visit to the clinic
- Communication, 'Cattitide' and Cat Friendly Clinic – see things from a cat owners point of view, learn about the cat friendly clinic programme and finally put everything you have learnt on the course into practice!
By the end of this course you will:
- Understand the origins and natural behaviours of the cat
- Contribute towards the health and welfare of cats
- Be able to make the reception area more cat friendly
- Appreciate the cat as a species and its unique needs
- Understand client behaviours
- Have 'Cattitude'!