Take this course and be a ‘Cat Advocate’ in your practice - have 'Cattitude'!
This course provides you with the knowledge to improve the health and welfare of cats by understanding how to provide the best environment for cats visiting your practice. You will be able to understand the origins of cats and appreciate the cat as a species and its unique needs. This online course is suitable for veterinary surgeons and nurses/technicians (including students).
The course will cover the following modules:
Module 1: Origins of cats
The first module covers evolution and domestication to help you understand what makes a cat a cat.
Module 2: Feline Behaviour
This module covers behavioural development, natural behaviours, how cats interact and feline stress.
Module 3: The cat's journey through the practice
Here we look at a step by step walk through the clinic to make the cats journey as stress-free as possible.
Module 4: Cat friendly handling
In the fourth module you will learn how to handle cats with the respect they deserve, from getting them out of the carrier to putting them back in
Module 5: Client communication
This module helps you to understand a cat owners' point of view and help to improve owner compliance
Module 6: Cat friendly clinic
Finally, we introduce the cat friendly clinic programme and how to put everything you have learnt on the course into practice
This course contains content written by veterinary experts including Vicky Halls, Andy Sparkes, Sam Taylor and Sarah Ellis, and is delivered via the online learning platform ‘Brightspace’, with students working through the modules at their own pace. At the end of each module, there is a short assessment which students need to pass to move on to the next module. Students have 3 months from registration to complete the course, and on successful completion will receive a certificate and badge.
- 9 hours of learning.
- On-Demand - Instant access to start the course as soon as you have completed your purchase.
- Self-Paced - Allows you to study at your own pace without set deadlines.
- Online - Study at a time and place that suits you on a user-friendly learning platform.
- Test your knowledge - At the end of each module, there is a short quiz which you need to pass to move on to the next module.
- Access for 3 months - from the date of your purchase to complete the course.
- Downloadable Certificate - you will receive an instant downloadable certificate
- Payment online via debit or credit card (no invoice option for this course)
- 33 RAMA (SQP) points and is accredited by Vetpol for 9 hours CPD.
Please check you have understood, and you meet all advertised prerequisites for the course. Please also read the terms and conditions for our distance education courses.
> Online Courses – Prerequisites
> Online Courses – Terms and Conditions
If you have any questions about the course or the enrolment process, please contact email@example.com